presented by Nuance colleagues & clients
The Coder’s Playbook for Success with Risk Adjustment Payment Methodologies
Angela Carmichael, MBA, RHIA, CDIP, CCS, CCS-P (click for bio)
Sunday, September 27, 2015: 8:30 AM-9:30 AM
- Provide an introduction to risk adjustment
- Explain how risk adjustment is a critical component of health care reform
- Provide overview of the three most common risk adjustment methodologies
- Review pertinent risk adjustment guidelines
- Formulate a game plan for dodging common coding challenges
- Define strategies for managing the opportunities & mitigating compliance risk
Case Study: How Providence Southwest is Blazing the Trail on Outpatient HCCs
Lenna Lizberg, RN, CCDS, BSN (click for bio)
Melinda Tully, MSN, CCDS, CDIP (click for bio)
Sunday, September 27, 2015: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Provide overview and evolution on HCCs in healthcare
- Learn the latest guidelines, regulatory mandates and payer requirements for clinical documentation, HCCs and reimbursement in outpatient care settings
- Hear firsthand how Providence Southwest successfully launched one of the industry’s first operational models for outpatient CDI HCCs
- Take away best practices and proven strategies from Providence’s experience to build a CDI HCCs program unique to outpatient care
Outpatient Healthcare Primed to Benefit from CDI: Are you Ready?
Kimberly Hopey, PHD, RN (click for bio)
Monday, September 28, 2015: 1:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Compare and contrast the ways in which clinical documentation in the outpatient setting is different from inpatient
- Learn the latest regulatory mandates, changes in payment methodologies, payer requirements, and key guidelines impacting clinical documentation, coding, reimbursement, and quality reporting in outpatient care settings
- Give HIM professionals a road map of priority areas to focus on and critical success factors in developing an outpatient CDI program
- Describe future state models of outpatient CDI
Preparing for Improved Quality Measurement, Reporting and Tracking in an ICD-10 World
Bonnie S. Cassidy, MPA, RHIA, FAHIMA, FHIMSS (click for bio)
Catherine Gorman-Klug, RN, MSN, CPM (click for bio)
Tuesday, September 29, 2015: 4:30 PM-5:30 PM
- Provide a primer on the increasing number of ICD-10 measure sets, quality initiatives, and reporting entities that HIM professionals must account for in today’s evolving healthcare environment
- Discuss how quality measures will be impacted by ICD-10 in inpatient and ambulatory settings
- Overview the importance of clinical documentation and data integrity to quality reporting in an ICD-10 environment
- Offer strategies and best practices to prepare quality measures for ICD-10
Additional Nuance Events while you're attending AHIMA:
Nuance HIM Director’s Breakfast Panel
Tuesday, 9/29 at 6:30 a.m.
Engage with your peers to hear how they lead the transition to ICD-10. Featuring HIM Executives from WellSpan, University of Miami and Regional HealthCare Partners.
Nuance Appreciation Reception
Monday, 9/28 at 7:00 p.m.
Join us for a spectacular evening in the newest and most exciting French Quarter venue, The Jaxson on the River! Offering authentic Louisiana style cuisine as well as some contemporary favorites, Nuance’s annual reception promises to be a memorable New Orleans experience with an intoxicating view of the Mississippi River.